A very useful tool for computing helicopter weight & balance is available for the iPhone on the Apple Store.
iBal is a dedicated Helicopter weight and balance app for iPhone. Designed from the ground up for professional and private helicopter pilots, it provides for quick and easy entry of loads and checks against type-specific weight, lateral and longitudinal CG limits, load station limits etc..
Many types supported:
- Robinson R22 Beta, BetaII
- Robinson R44, R44 II
- Bell 206B3 Jet Ranger
- Bell 206L Long Ranger (L, L1, L3, and L4 models)
- Bell 407
- Bell 407 with FMS-6 Aux Fuel kit and FMS-28 Increased Gross Weight options
- Schweizer/Hughes 269C/300C (left and right pilots) / 269C-1/300CB/300CBi (in various tank sizes)
- Eurocopter EC120B Colibri
- Eurocopter AS350BA, B2 and B3 Squirrel
- Eurocopter EC 135 P2 (7, 5 and 2 seat configurations)
- Eurocopter AS355 F1
- Enstrom 280FX, with 4 different envelopes
- Enstrom 480B
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook (Cargo configuration)
- Add any number of your own aircraft, including preconfigured loads and photos of your own aircraft.
- Send completed CG Solutions and CG graphs to any email address (iPhone OS 3.0 and internet connection required)
- Configurable BEW, empty longitudinal and lateral arms and photo for your own aircraft.
- Easy entry and adjustment of passengers, fuel, cargo and suspended loads.
- Displays CG for loaded and empty fuel, critical fuel loads with and without suspended loads.
- Detects and displays weight, longitudinal and lateral CG problems. Displays available load until limits will be exceeded.
- Displays weights and CGs in graphical and tabular formats, with problem alerts.
- Loads can be entered in your choice of suitable unit: kg, lbs, USGals, litres, stones.
- Supports iPhone gestures:
- Drag passengers and cargo between stations
- Flick cargo and passengers off
- Zoom and scroll floorplans, graphs and load sheets
- Aircraft-specific Custom Load Stations, allowing you to add new or non-standard loading positions to your own aircraft.
- Displays helpful loading data, limits and hints
- Alert sounds (which can be disabled in Settings)
- Configurable fuel SGs